1. My name is Annika, but my nickname at Aikens is Anni.
2. 2018 marks my 14th season at Aikens and I keep coming back because I have to, this is where I live...big problem right!?
3. When I’m not at Aikens, I am most likely with my friends.
4. If I had to be on TV, I would audition for a part on a comedy.
5. If I could have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of my life, it would have to be guitar picks.
6. One place I would love to travel in my lifetime is Ireland because its sounds fun.
7. I’m a cat or dog person? DOG.
8. My favourite meal to cook is homemade Mac and Cheese.
9. On my off-time at Aikens, you usually can find me playing my guitar or sleeping.
1. My name is Martin, but my nickname at Aikens is Marty.
2. 2018 marks my 11th season at Aikens and fishing is what keeps me coming back!
3. When I’m not at Aikens, I am playing Fortnight with my friends.
4. If I had to be on a reality TV show, I would audition for a part on Master Chef Junior.
5. If I could have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of my life, it would have to be AA batteries for my xbox remotes.
6. One place I would love to travel in my lifetime is back to Cozumel because I loved our house and I want to snorkel with mon oncle Bernie again.
7. I’m a cat or dog person? Dog.
8. My favourite thing to cook is a Pizza cookie.
9. On my off-time at Aikens, you usually can find me fishing on the dock.
1. My name is Natasha but my nickname at Aikens is Shasha, Shasher and 'Squito.
2. 2018 marks my 9th season at Aikens and the beach is what keeps me coming back!
3. When I’m not at Aikens, I am asking to play at my friend's house!
4. If I had to be on a guest star on a TV show, I would audition for a part on Dancing with the Stars.
5. If I could have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of my life, it would have to be Cherry Coke.
6. One place I would love to travel in my lifetime is on a cruise because my cousins said it was fun.
7. I’m a cat or dog person? I can't pick one! I am a Dog person, but I would love to have a cat too...but papa is allergic.
8. My favourite things to cook are cupcakes.
9. On my off-time at Aikens, you usually can find me hanging out on mon oncle Grant's Monkey Bars (aka scaffolding).
1. My name is Oscar, but my nickname at Aikens is Oz-man.
2. 2018 marks my 6th season at Aikens and Skip is what keeps me coming back!
3. When I’m not at Aikens, I am busy Lego-ing or Hot Wheel-ing.
4. If I had to be on a guest star on a TV show, I would audition for a part on Danger Mouse.
5. If I could have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of my life, it would have to be chips.
6. One place I would love to travel in my lifetime is Disney World.
7. I’m a cat or dog person? Pick one. DOG, and not just any Dog.. it has to be Enzo.
8. My favourite meal to help cook is cookies (that's a meal, right?).
9. On my off-time at Aikens, you usually can find me mastering my swimming skills at the beach.
1. My name is Arthur, but my nickname at Aikens is Arty.
2. 2018 marks my 4th season at Aikens and the quad-rides are what keep me coming back!
3. When I’m not at Aikens, I am at home destroying something of Oscar's...
4. If I had to be on a guest star on a TV show, I would audition for a part on Caillou.
5. If I could have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of my life, it would have to be yogurt.
6. One place I would love to travel in my lifetime is TinkerTown - I've been there, but I love it so much!
7. I’m a cat or dog person? Pick one. Woof Woof!
8. My favourite thing to help cook are banana muffins.
9. On my off-time at Aikens, you usually can find me bugging someone for a ride on a quad!
It exceeded any expectation I had to the point that I’ve told my kids that if I get a bonus that’s exactly where we’re going. When you compare it against other luxury vacations, where you typically pay extra for a guide or various excursions, what you get at Aikens is a really good value. I’ve fished all over the world, from Alaska to Colorado to Costa Rica. I’d put Aikens over those in terms of the size fish you can catch and the quantity.
This week at Aikens for our anniversary has been absolutely the greatest gift! The only thing that would have made it better was if my dad and mom could have been with us.
They say “you get what you pay for” ... at Aikens you get more. They know what they’re doing, and it shows. Its called “The Aikens Experience.” The lodging is top notch. The food is outrageous! Aikens Lake is a dream to fish. The staff - how they find and keep so many polite, friendly, courteous, intelligent, and attentive people year after year I have no idea. They learn your likes and dislikes; they make you feel welcome and relaxed.
—Steven J Kuzmich,
People sometimes want to try new locations or lakes in Canada but I really do not know why our group would ever look elsewhere or even think about it. The fishing is world class and the accommodations and hospitality are five-star.
We wanted to get a true fly-in Canadian fishing/wilderness experience, but be able to do that without having to spend two days traveling to get there. Overall, the experience was exactly what we wanted. Great fishing, great setting, great service and accommodations that allow you to really relax and enjoy quality time with your family.
One of the coolest things about Aikens is you could have terrible fishing and have an awesome time there. Well-fed and well-served, plenty of beer to keep you warm. Tremendous service. Of course, the fishing’s great, too, but you have fun either way.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Incredible staff and amazing fishing. The accommodations are top notch and the food is first class. You won't find a better lodge in North America for pike and walleye fishing. The owners really know how to run this place. The memories made here are like no other.
What I love about Aikens? The ever present welcoming attitude that starts when you exit the plane and ends, well, never actually ends from what I can tell. The entire staff which is well selected and well trained, guides who make fishing fun and easy, the size of the lake (not too small for serious fishing and not too big for novices), the breakfasts, the shore lunches, the dinners, the awards handed out at dinner, the evening fishing with dock staff making sure your boat is ready, and the bar that gives you a chance to meet fun and interesting people to share a fishing story, a joke, or life story.
Our guide really listened to what we wanted to do and tailored our day specifically to us. To me, the shorelunch was the highlight of each day. The shorelunch sites are set-up so well in very scenic spots. You can watch the Aikens videos and read the website about the fancy cabins, and the food, and how great the fishing and the service is, but one thing you can't really appreciate until you're here is how beautiful it all is.
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
I’m an amateur rank fisherman and I caught a ton of fish, including a Master Angler pike. That’s what makes Aikens Lake so great, you can get guys like me that really don’t know what they’re doing, and you start to believe that you might.
My husband and my dad had always talked about going to Canada or Alaska, so when I got the idea to give them a fishing trip as a surprise gift I did about six months of research. Once I talked with Pit, I was sold. It was really a surprise to them. They were so excited, and they just had a wonderful time at Aikens. They enjoyed their dream trip, and I don’t think it will be their last time to Aikens.
Pit and his team have done a wonderful job of putting together the perfect gem of an outpost camp. We love going to the Lost Lake outpost because it provides you the seclusion and serenity without comprising the nice luxury-type components.
The Four Seasons of fishing lodges. What's truly impressive is that ownership is constantly improving the experience. Every year you arrive and notice improvements. I'm just back from our trip to Aikens with my son. In the last 15 months he's been to Copenhagen, Berlin, Estonia, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Venice, Croatia, Greece and Turkey – but said this was his favorite trip ever. He slept with his Aikens hat on last night!
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Those young staff members make me realize that our future is in good hands. Every one of them are class act young people, such a joy to associate with when you see what is going on across the land. Thanks again for the great hospitality from you and ALL of the staff.
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Truly an experience you'll want to relive over and over. This father-son-grandpa trip went from being a once in a lifetime experience, to an annual fishing trip! See you next summer!
Aikens is the perfect place for a family trip. The cabins are the best we’ve ever been in, the lodge is beautiful, and of course Pit and Julie are wonderful hosts.
Wisconsin President Organization, Group Leader
My husband and I never go back to the same place twice, but we loved it so much at Aikens we knew by the end of our first week we’d be back. It’s just how well they take care of you there. They make you feel like you’re part of the family.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
I’ve taken many large groups to Aikens and I always tell people beforehand how incredible the service is at Aikens. Every person has said to me at the end of the trip, “We believed you before, but I just can’t believe how good they treat you here!” One time Pit and Julie didn’t have the type of alcohol on-hand one of our guests was drinking, so they sent a plane out and got it.
Westman Dreams for Kids
I call it a 5-star hotel in the wilderness. It’s the neatest place we’ve ever been, it’s like fantasy island.
Each year we go somewhere as a family. We’ve been to Hawaii, Disney and many other places, but Aikens was one of the best trips we’ve ever had. Our trip was terrific, and my grandson loved every minute of it.
You think you’re at a Ritz-Carlton, you seriously get that level of treatment and amenities. Nobody in Manitoba can compete with Aikens for the quality of the fishing, staff, and facilities.
Trip number five and once again Aikens Lake out did itself. I thought it impossible for this wonderful place to get any better.
NHL Senior VP of Hockey Operations, 14 year NHL player and captain, and Aikens Lake Honorary Pro Staff Guide
From the accommodations, to the staff and especially shore lunch, the entire experience at Aikens Lake is unmatched.
Former United States Vice-President
The photos are amazing and like the memories, they will last a lifetime.
Former NFL MVP Quarterback, TV Commentator, and Founder of the Boomer Esiason Foundation (against cystic fibrosis)