2015 Travel Manitoba Award of Distinction
Dec. 02, 2015
We are pleased to announce that Aikens Lake Patriarch Gerry Turenne was awarded the 2015 Travel Manitoba Award of Distinction.
The Travel Manitoba Award of Distinction recognizes an individual reflecting exceptional leadership in Manitoba’s tourism industry. Through their actions they help Manitoba realize distinction as a high quality tourism destination. The recipient of the award is an individual that:
• Has been in the tourism industry for a minimum of 10 years;
• Is committed to the excellence of Manitoba’s tourism industry.
• Demonstrates the ability to successfully satisfy visitor expectations;
• Has contributed to the professional image of Manitoba's tourism industry
• Sets an example that others can aspire to.
I think we can all agree that Gerry was all of this and much more! Through his love of this province, his love of the culture and his love of the outdoors he worked for over 40 years to make sure that our industry is the best that it can be.
Pit, Julie and Lorraine attended the award ceremony and proudly accepted the award that Gerry received for his passion and many contributions to the tourism industry in Manitoba.
Thank you Big Guy for being such a great role model, and inspiring us to continue in your footsteps!