1. My name is Gab-Riel, but at Aikens, I’m better known as Pit.
2. This is my 28th season at the lodge. I keep coming back to this wonderful Peninsula because it is home for me, and I love seeing my kids make it their home too.
3. My favorite television series to binge-watch on Netflix is: The first time I ever watched Netflix was this December for “Making a Murderer”, and now I understand what binge-watching actually means!
4. My travel bucket-list includes a visit to Chruchill in Northern MB to see polar bears - something I will be doing this fall with my family! Next one after that is somewhere in Europe in a couple of years.
5. The best advice I’ve ever received is “If you give a man a fish, he eats for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he eats forever” - thanks for that one, Big Guy.
6. On my off-time at Aikens, you can find me... you can’t find me on my off time (which isn’t all that often, come to think of it!).
7. My favorite fishing memory at Aikens is catching trophy lake trout on back-to-back days in early spring, using light tackle (4lb test) because we were actually targeting pre-spawn walleye!
8. The one item I cannot live without is: Rephrase that to people, and it’s my wife Julie and our three kids Annika, Martin, and Natasha.
1. My name is Julie, but at Aikens, I’m better known as Julie, but Grant calls me Jewels.
2. This is my 17th season at the lodge. I keep coming back to this wonderful Peninsula because Aikens is my life.
3. My favorite television series to binge-watch on Netflix is Scandal.
4. My travel bucket-list includes Scotland, France, Spain and Italy.
5. The best advice I’ve ever received is “Make sure to take time to enjoy this beautiful place you are in”.
6. On my off-time at Aikens, you can find me on the beach with the kids.
7. My favorite fishing memory at Aikens is Pit guiding me to a trophy pike.
8. The one item I cannot live without is Pit’s back rubs.
1. My name is Patrick, but at Aikens, I’m better known as Papatrick.
2. This is my 17th season at the lodge. I keep coming back to this wonderful Peninsula because I have forgotten where home is.
3. My favorite television series to binge-watch on Netflix is 19-2.
4. My travel bucket-list includes having a real Phô in Vietnam.
5. The best advice I’ve ever received is “It takes a long time to earn a man’s respect, but seconds to lose it.
6. On my off-time at Aikens, you can find me spending time with my boys.
7. My favorite fishing memory at Aikens is watching my three year old reel in a tiny Pike that he then called a whale.
8. The one item I cannot live without is my Olpha knife.
1. My name is Janelle, but at Aikens, I’m better known as Jans.
2. This is my 11th season at the lodge. I keep coming back to this wonderful Peninsula because I love what the water does to my hair!
3. My favorite television series to binge-watch on Netflix is Orange is the New Black.
4. My travel bucket-list includes all of Europe.
5. The best advice I’ve ever received is “Life’s too short to drink bad wine”.
6. On my off-time at Aikens, you can find me hiking with the kiddos - which is actually just a slow super slow walk...
7. My favorite fishing memory at Aikens is my one and only trophy walleye!
8. The one item I cannot live without is a bottle of probiotics.
My husband and my dad had always talked about going to Canada or Alaska, so when I got the idea to give them a fishing trip as a surprise gift I did about six months of research. Once I talked with Pit, I was sold. It was really a surprise to them. They were so excited, and they just had a wonderful time at Aikens. They enjoyed their dream trip, and I don’t think it will be their last time to Aikens.
Pit and his team have done a wonderful job of putting together the perfect gem of an outpost camp. We love going to the Lost Lake outpost because it provides you the seclusion and serenity without comprising the nice luxury-type components.
The Four Seasons of fishing lodges. What's truly impressive is that ownership is constantly improving the experience. Every year you arrive and notice improvements. I'm just back from our trip to Aikens with my son. In the last 15 months he's been to Copenhagen, Berlin, Estonia, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Venice, Croatia, Greece and Turkey – but said this was his favorite trip ever. He slept with his Aikens hat on last night!
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Those young staff members make me realize that our future is in good hands. Every one of them are class act young people, such a joy to associate with when you see what is going on across the land. Thanks again for the great hospitality from you and ALL of the staff.
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Truly an experience you'll want to relive over and over. This father-son-grandpa trip went from being a once in a lifetime experience, to an annual fishing trip! See you next summer!
Aikens is the perfect place for a family trip. The cabins are the best we’ve ever been in, the lodge is beautiful, and of course Pit and Julie are wonderful hosts.
Wisconsin President Organization, Group Leader
My husband and I never go back to the same place twice, but we loved it so much at Aikens we knew by the end of our first week we’d be back. It’s just how well they take care of you there. They make you feel like you’re part of the family.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
I’ve taken many large groups to Aikens and I always tell people beforehand how incredible the service is at Aikens. Every person has said to me at the end of the trip, “We believed you before, but I just can’t believe how good they treat you here!” One time Pit and Julie didn’t have the type of alcohol on-hand one of our guests was drinking, so they sent a plane out and got it.
Westman Dreams for Kids
I call it a 5-star hotel in the wilderness. It’s the neatest place we’ve ever been, it’s like fantasy island.
Each year we go somewhere as a family. We’ve been to Hawaii, Disney and many other places, but Aikens was one of the best trips we’ve ever had. Our trip was terrific, and my grandson loved every minute of it.
You think you’re at a Ritz-Carlton, you seriously get that level of treatment and amenities. Nobody in Manitoba can compete with Aikens for the quality of the fishing, staff, and facilities.
Trip number five and once again Aikens Lake out did itself. I thought it impossible for this wonderful place to get any better.
NHL Senior VP of Hockey Operations, 14 year NHL player and captain, and Aikens Lake Honorary Pro Staff Guide
From the accommodations, to the staff and especially shore lunch, the entire experience at Aikens Lake is unmatched.
Former United States Vice-President
The photos are amazing and like the memories, they will last a lifetime.
Former NFL MVP Quarterback, TV Commentator, and Founder of the Boomer Esiason Foundation (against cystic fibrosis)